Welcome to my blog! I am a Level 1 graduate of Pat Parelli's savvy system, progressing my way through level 2, 3 and beyond! Thanks for visiting and joining me on my journey!



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Long time!



It's finally drying up outside! We had a couple weeks of rain making my yard very mucky and soft. I didn't get anything done outside. Now the sun's back and things are going well.
I've spent the past week playing with Shadow and putting some first rides on her. She's been doing great and it's been fun. I started just being a passenger and rubbing her all over, getting her to accept me on her back. The last few days we've also played around with lateral flexion, hindquarter disengagement and go and whoa. I'm very happy with how she's doing. She's fairly soft and everythings feels pretty good. Yesterday I rode her in my NP saddle for the first time. We've been using the bareback pad up until then. It worked well and seems to fit her good even though she's smaller. The more I use that saddle the more I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, so nice to see things are going well with your babies! Hope you're doing well and great job with Shadow!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete