Saturday, January 15, 2011
Indoor riding
With all the snow and cold this time of year I don't usually get much play time in with the horses, let alone any riding. So yesterday was a treat! Myself and a friend hauled our two horses to an indoor arena for some play/riding time. This is somewhat new to both of us and the horses but I think it went quite well. I brought Moon, and had fun playing on line with some trail obstacles that were set up. She was staying calm and things felt good so I decided to ride after a few minutes. We moseyed around checking the arena out. I was even confident enough to try a little cantering with her. One of my goals this year is to improve our confidence with cantering. I even tried riding through the gate from her back. We can ride up to and through it but closing it back up was our sticky spot. Overall I had a lot of fun and found lots of things I'm excited to work on and improve. It felt great to be back in the saddle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment